Schadenfreude Monday
Glue in many dowels. Remove with flush cut saw and chisels to make room for router. Re-drill dowel holes. Set 7/16" groove depth by setting a square to 1/2" and then adding 1/16, because 8+1=7. Glue in dowels on both sides of mating pieces.  Remove with flush cut saw and chisels. Re-drill dowel holes.

Don't even ask my how I managed to set my 15HH planer to something like 3/8" -- much less how did I get the board in there? -- and am now deep in a dicey gearbox scenario.

Feel better now? 
Big Grin

Happy Monday.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, and yowzer.  And that was only this morning?  Time to quite and contemplate tomorrow being better.  A six pack or three couldn't hurt.

And may I suggest you resist the temptation to turn the planer on if you have any parts left over after the repair.  

John
(08-08-2016, 01:08 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, and yowzer.  And that was only this morning?  Time to quite and contemplate tomorrow being better.  A six pack or three couldn't hurt.

And may I suggest you resist the temptation to turn the planer on if you have any parts left over after the repair.  

John
To my credit 
Uhoh I did spread it out over the weekend. This is just a Monday morning recap for your entertainment.

I got the planer back into gear and it seems to run ok. Dunno. I'll probably take it apart to be sure.

The rest, well, at least I used up my yearly allotment of dumb, and it's not even the end of summer. Clear sailing from here to New Year's day. Right? Just nod yes.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(08-08-2016, 01:43 PM)Aram Wrote: To my credit 
Uhoh I did spread it out over the weekend. This is just a Monday morning recap for your entertainment.

I got the planer back into gear and it seems to run ok. Dunno. I'll probably take it apart to be sure.

The rest, well, at least I used up my yearly allotment of dumb, and it's not even the end of summer. Clear sailing from here to New Year's day. Right? Just nod yes.

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.