Bandsaw Guide Bearings
You'll need a little hobby knife, something to flush the bearing with- mineral spirit bath or PB blaster is my favorite, and some oil- I use mobile1 30 weight or whatever oil you have.

Use the fine pointed tip of the knife blade and remove the seal (prying on the outer edge)- it should pop right off. Spray or bathe the bearing spinning it to free the gunk then spray and spin until it is clean- it should spin freely and smoothly. Oil it well and replace the seals.

I've had to do this many times and never replaced a bearing yet. Wood dust isn't very bad on them.

That's it.

Here's pics. If this is the type you have.

[Image: bearing%20seal%20removal%20002_zpskmjmejcq.jpg]
[Image: bearing%20seal%20removal%20001_zpsjfs7lql2.jpg]
Mine does it every 9 months or so and at $8 each I now make them out of Lignum Viate and have not had to replace them yet.  You can buy a 2x2x12 stick for under $20
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-11-2016, 06:57 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: ... at $8 each I now make them out of Lignum Viate ...

At $8 each thats probably a good way to go  
Yes

But at $1 each and not needing to re-engineer my guides is my preference. The first set of replacements lasted about a year. They must have been poorly sealed. The latest set has been running at least 2 years and are still smooth. AND, I still have 14 of the 20 pack in the cabinet 
Raised

Maybe the blades I am running now are cut'n the wood rather than me just shuv'n it into the blade like a splitt'n wedge 
Laugh
This is what I did for my bearings.

http://suburbangarage.com/2015/02/26/cra...placement/
Jim
Houston, TX
IF you have a hobby shop close by that deals in RC cars you may find them there, and from my days of RC car racing ceramic bearings will last 10x longer at least that did in RC cars, and I can't imaging a bandsaw being harder than outdoor racing
I have a 20 year old Laguna, and the guide bearings have always been horrible.  Checked to see what they sell now, and it would be $280 to upgrade.  Hmm. Might be worth it, dunno
I found this place through another site.  I want to change my bearings on my G0513X2. I might pull the trigger.

http://spaceageceramics.com/store/
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
(10-15-2016, 03:43 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: I found this place through another site.  I want to change my bearings on my G0513X2. I might pull the trigger.

http://spaceageceramics.com/store/

I see they have ceramic guides that should work on my Laguna
VXB Bearings Online Store The Ball Bearing Supplier & Distributor

I have bought bearings from this company a couple times and been satisfied.

Alan
Same here - happy with VXB. Amazon usually has good pricing as well.