New shop space ideas welcomed-
I agree that is one thing I wished I had done.

Steve

I agree on the painted floors, that is one thing I did not do and wished I would have.

Steve
(08-19-2016, 02:24 PM)Hank Knight Wrote: That's great space, Mongo. Is it all yours, or do you have to share it with cars, lawn mowers, etc.? The two big closets should come in handy.

Thanks, no cars and no lawn mowers there is a nice sized shed on the property for the lawn stuff and possibly some wood storage.

(08-19-2016, 05:54 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: NOW is the time to do the floor. You will never get around to removing everything later
on. And you will reap the benefits every day.

Epoxy-Coat. 

Worth every penny.

http://www.epoxy-coat.com/

I will have to look into that... still debating some kind of wood flooring as well.
For flooring, go with wood. Concrete is very hard and tiring on the feet, legs, and knees

And if you dropped a chisel, plane, or some other sharp edge, what would you rather it land on --concrete or wood??
Everything has been covered pretty well so I'll just add a little to the "storage" part.

Since this is going to be a dedicated space, my biggest recommendation is to get creative with storage - at every opportunity. A 24' x 28' space will fill up rather quickly once you start moving in tools. By understanding how you work and what tools & accessories you have you can greatly improve where & how things are stored. A little time spent before you move in just thinking about what you can do will make life a lot easier once you've got everything ready to use....

Congrats on the new space!
Smile

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(08-22-2016, 03:30 PM)Big Dave Wrote: Everything has been covered pretty well so I'll just add a little to the "storage" part.

Since this is going to be a dedicated space, my biggest recommendation is to get creative with storage - at every opportunity. A 24' x 28' space will fill up rather quickly once you start moving in tools. By understanding how you work and what tools & accessories you have you can greatly improve where & how things are stored. A little time spent before you move in just thinking about what you can do will make life a lot easier once you've got everything ready to use....

Congrats on the new space!
Smile

Dave

Definitely filled up quickly.... got a lot of sorting organizing and thinking to do-   Shame I couldnt keep it empty till i had eveything layed out.  Got to get all the non shop items out. and the cabinets hung on the walls so I can start pushing stuff around. 

[Image: 20160822_190138_zpshoc5hrbj.jpg]

Thanks to everyone for the help.
My Daughter and Son in Law did that to their ( 3 ) garage floor when they built their home 2006, we were able to buy the house next door to them but Didn't even think about that until my Son delivered all of belonging's we had in storage .  I can kick myself for not doing it before, but I was to anxious to get in our new home.

Steve