anybody here used Sika Post Fix?
Just exploring my options for setting fence posts.. Seems the internet is full of "pros" and you can find as many folks saying as many different approaches to installing fence posts as there are posts in my fence!

Then I learned of a product called Sika Fence Post Mix.  Seems very easy, and strong, and I like that it encapsulates the whole lower part in a polyurethane resin/expanding rigid foam.  

A bit more costly than buying crushed stone and/or concrete, but far easier to transport the materials to the job-site and much faster to install. 

Almost sounds too good to be true. Hoping somebody here may have first hand experience using it.

Thanks!
I used a similar type product (Secure Set) several years ago for a 15-20 foot flag pole.  It worked well for me and was pretty easy to use but it can get a little messy.  The hardest part was figuring how much to put in the hole so that the product expanded to the top of the hole but not spilling over too much.  The expansion made it hard to judge so we did it in two stages.  Clean up was great ...just threw the containers away.  It is a little more expensive ...even more so than the Sika stuff. The pole is still standing straight and tall.  I would consider it, or the Sika stuff, for fence post for my yard.
Yah the Sika comes in a pre-mixed pouch (you break the seal and mix kinda like a hand-warmer) and one bag is measured for something like an 8" hole 36" deep with a 4x4 post.. (they have a chart)

In my case it would work out to a couple hundred $$ more, but if it works as promised would make the installation significantly less labor intensive and it would seam, make for a longer lasting post given the waterproofing nature of it.
if done right maybe.

every post I've had fail is with in a couple of inches of the ground level.  So if the Sika doesn't mound up a bit above ground level, the hole will hold water and rot the post anyway.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I was thinking about also wrapping each post with a bit of EPDM flashing tape (or something along those lines) at the ground/air junction
And, if the wood is wet PT, once it dries and shrinks?????

Might be a better solution for non ground contact posts.
They say it "bonds to the wood".. In my case my posts are kiln dried western red cedar (I got a great deal on it) so that shouldn't be a concern, but a valid point nonetheless.