Power drill or grinder
I want to open a couple cans of spray paint to get the ball bearing. Should i use a drill or grinder to pierce the can and or open. Any ideas how to best safely accomplish this?
Safest way is to clear all the propellant then use a can opener to remove the bottom 

No way I am drilling or grinding on an aerosol can
Ok Thanks
I've always used a hacksaw.

All the ones I've found were "cat's eye" marbles
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I use a quick jab with an awl to poke a small hole to let everything bleed out then behead it with the aforementioned hacksaw.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
Can opener is a great idea...
Benny

Ok, I guess I'll ask.  What on earth are these bearings good for that people spend the time and effort to get them out?
not sure like others above all I found was a glass marble in the ones I open
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(08-09-2016, 09:17 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: I want to open a couple cans of spray paint to get the ball bearing. Should I ... ?

Confused
Confused
Confused  Why 
Confused
Confused
Confused
(08-11-2016, 06:03 PM)thewizzard Wrote:
Confused
Confused   Why 
Confused
Confused

Confused
Confused
Confused Why not
Confused
Confused
Confused
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.