source for push block pad sticky stuff
Anyone know where to buy the 1/4" padding that is used on Bench Dog and other brands of push blocks?

I really like the Bench Dog blocks but i want to add about a 1 3/4" wood block then apply the sticky backed pad stuff to that.

I had good luck gluing sand paper to some 1/8" cork and then gluing that down.
You might look around for a mouse pad, though the ones that thick are a little harder to find.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I don't know about 1/4" material used by Bench Dog, but this 1/8" high-friction sheet material from LV works well.
http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.as...3456,43465
Lee Valley sells material for their Bench Cookie/Pucks that I suspect might be pretty similar. I haven't tried it but the uses are similar so I'd think it would work.

Probably easier to find than a mouse pad. I haven't seen one of those in years.
-Marc

(08-09-2016, 10:34 PM)Jeremy s Wrote: Anyone know where to buy the 1/4" padding that is used on Bench Dog and other brands of push blocks?

I really like the Bench Dog blocks but i want to add about a 1 3/4" wood block then apply the sticky backed pad stuff to that.

I recently replaced my jointer push pads with the Bench Dog pads and was thinking about building a few more.  

The silicone shelf liner pads are inexpensive and so is RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) rubber -- I prefer the blue stuff intended for making seal gaskets around electronics that doesn't have the acetic acid -- to make the attachment to custom shaped push blocks.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I use the LV stuff. Works fine just make sure you scrape all of the old glue off.
Don