Slippery Stair Tread
(08-12-2016, 10:38 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Last ditch solution -- a case of these by the front door...
https://www.amazon.com/Medline-Blue-Adul...lip+slocks

LOL...thanks!
Smile
I don't think sanding to 600 is the issue. I sanded the treads in my old house to 150, I believe, and then top coated with OB stain and OB Minwax poly. They were flat sawn RO and they were slick as snot as well. I did screen the second coat before the last coat of poly for boogers, adhesion, ect. It was a SG sheen.

We almost always wore some sort of rubber sole house slipper when at home. My wife did however slip off the third to fourth last step and landed right on her arse while hitting each step like a speed bump. It was right in front of me and despite my best poker face, I couldn't hold back given she was conscious and all long bones were intact....I did get in trouble.