Chester County Spicebox
And here is my Spicebox which was lucky enough to win the Baltimore Woodworking Show's Educator's Choice this year. 

[Image: 021.jpg]
[Image: 013.jpg]

[Image: 014.jpg]

[Image: 023.jpg]

Pics a bit out or order but now that I understand what to do, they could hardly be easier to post.
Pretty easy to see why it won.  Beautiful work!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Very nice! Congrads also.

Cool

Ed
Beautiful!
Congratulations Rob!  Do you have any build pics?  Great job.

Lonnie
Wow!

Building one of these has been on my bucket list since I saw it in a ww'ing magazine some 15 years ago.  Mine won't look as nice as yours (I don't think I'll learn how to do the inlay), but I hope it'll look good enough!

Beautiful piece of work there.
Semper fi,
Brad

Congrats! That's beautiful. Have you been to the museum in Chester?

Mike
Sooooooo nice.   Show us picture of the drawers.
The dividers for the drawers are most impressive!! Tell us how you did that
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
I saw robmaz's piece in person at the Baltimore woodworking show and he did a fantastic job on it. For anyone who has never built a spice box they are very challenging to build. The thing is everything needs to be perfect. With bigger pieces it is easy to hide small mistakes. With a spice box it is almost impossible to hide mistakes, even small ones.  The whole piece is right at eye level and all the drawers get pulled out and handled. That means you need miniature perfect dovetails. Then you have the line and berry on the door which is a whole different challenge that needs to be perfect. Rob pulled it off with this one wonderfully.