Chester County Spicebox
(08-11-2016, 07:28 AM)Gary™ Wrote: The dividers for the drawers are most impressive!!   Tell us how you did that

I assume a V-bit in the router table (or a hand plane?) for the horizontal dividers and mitering the ends of the verticals.
Semper fi,
Brad

Excellent work!  That's a winner all around.

Dave
Like the burl on the drawer fronts!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Simply Beautiful. very nice job. Dumb question for holding spices do you use a certaintype of liner for the drawers or just leave natural ?

Steve
Very impressive!  Can you show a pic of the drawer dovetails?  One of my favorite Tommy Mac Rough Cut shows was the one with Glen Huey where they made a spice box, including the line and berry inlay.  Yours is flawless.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thank you all. I meant to post these in the winter but time got away from me. Anyway, I will try to find to in process pics-not really build along some of you guys have put up, but I'll do my best. And yes, a Whiteside V-groove bit is what I used for the dividers. I did not line the drawers, I will show pics later.

thank you Dave!

the inlay was a lot easier than you would think, I only practiced for a couple of hours before diving in. I used the LN Latta tools to do the job.

here are some in progress pics:

[Image: 001_3.jpg]

[Image: 002.jpg]

[Image: 003_1.jpg]

[Image: 002_1.jpg]

[Image: 001_2.jpg]

[Image: 003%20-%20Copy.jpg]

and some of the inlay process and pics

[Image: 005_2.jpg]

[Image: 008.jpg]

[Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 012.jpg]

[Image: 002_3.jpg]

[Image: 004_2.jpg]

[Image: 006_1.jpg]

[Image: 006_1.jpg]
Very 
Cool, I have never tried inlay like that before, nice job.

Steve
Hi Rob. Thanks for adding more pictures. That's quality work right there and I can appreciate the work that went in to it. For small casework they sure are tough to do well and you certainly did it right.

Mike
Thanks!
It is always a treat to come here and see work of this caliber. Thanks for sharing.

As an aside, I am willing to state that the pieces that most often get the broad acclaim this one has gotten are reproductions, pieces where a time proven design removes many easy objections. Why don't I make more reproductions? Why don't we all?
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure