A/C Misting System
I stumbled across this

http://buymistbox.com

Worth the money or is it more snake oil? Is this something I could engineer myself? I'm thinking of an electrically controlled valve hooked to the A/C such that whenever it's on the valve is open and the mister is going.
http://www.energyvanguard.com/blog-build...ning-costs

I was intrigued until I read this.  They could have an axe to grind, but still.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Not sure I would want to spray city (or well) water on my condenser.
Depending on what's in the water, corrosion could be a problem.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
That article was actually a good read and I can see how there would be issues with it. I also didn't think about the high humidity.... I live in an area that is often very humid so I can see how it would be a lot less effective where I live than say, AZ.
Don't waste your money. If your condenser isn't removing heat fast enough, it needs replacing or repairing.

This can also change the way it was designed in order to operate properly. It isn't wise to lower the head psi below a limit.
  Your ground will become a swamp.
  The water deposits will ruin the coil.
  The wasting of good water is down right wrong.

Keep the condenser washed and clean and providing it with shade if it is in direct sunlight is the best you can do (Shade is optional).
if your humidity was low enough for it to work well, you probably already have a swamp cooler
I was going to say no but decided "HELL NO" suited better.