Symposium coming to town need input
The mid Atlantic wood turners has an event coming up in my area. Great I thought. It's 210.00 to attend one of 8 demonstrations plus vendor room and banquet . Has anyone been to one of these? What if I just wanted to spend a couple hours looking around? Do they sell a half day ticket at these things.
Thanks
I'll be there. Most definitely worth your time. Check the web site about levels of tickets but I Highly recommend going to all the demos. There will be some world class turners there and you will learn lots. The gallery is great to see other people's work and the vendor area will have some great goodies. You will go home inspired.

Doug
and probably broke, but will have fun.
Yes
Yes

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Me, I've been going to Symposiums for over a decade.
The DW, even though she likes to turn, hasn't
Early last year she went to her first, she said it was like drinking water from a fire-hose.
She then went to four more.... 
Big Grin
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Just to be clear, you mention "one of eight" demonstrations. There are eight rotations so you can see eight different demos. Good ones at that.

Doug
I can't make it. I'd like to see this take off, our club is one of the sponsor clubs.
If it don't hold soup, it's ART!!

Dry Creek Woodturning

I know how you feel.  The AAW is going to be in Kansas City next year which is only 180 miles from me and I really really want to go but the $300 just to go is outrageous and way beyond what a common person can pay.  I do know they have to rent the building and everything else.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I believe they keep the expenses as low as they can, but paying for the space, the presenters, the equipment, moving things etc. it all adds up. They also have scholarships/grants that give folks a chance to attend. You might look into that for Kansas City.

Doug
I am a member of the AAW but figure there are more needer people then me out there and it is just a thing I would like to go to for inspiration and talking to others not a NEED to go thing.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.