bathroom sink faucets
Buy what you like but try to get a metal one. The borgs like to carry allot of plastic Moen stuff so look at the display closely.

I like a high spout that is closer to the center of the sink. In fact I'd almost be tempted to use a small kitchen faucet so you can get your hands under the water. 

Also replace that awful aerator on all your faucets with a laminar flow one. More faucets are starting to come with them and they are nnot too pricey online. They are also more hygienic than arerators. Aerators cannot be used in any kind of medical application because the action of air mixing with the water promotes bacteria and mold growth in the aerator.
        Besides a nice smooth flow of water is much nicer than a foamy one.
(08-14-2016, 07:21 AM)Robert Adams Wrote:   They are also more hygienic than arerators. Aerators cannot be used in any kind of medical application because the action of air mixing with the water promotes bacteria and mold growth in the aerator.
        Besides a nice smooth flow of water is much nicer than a foamy one.

I do not like that "nice smooth flow" because it causes water to splash out of the sink. The screen aerator s there to prevent that. Hygienic? ok, maybe but I've never fallen ill from an aerator but I have cleaned up a counter top (daily) from the plastic ones.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I have MOEN, basically when something breaks I call them for the parts.  If we need it fairly quick, I pay for priority shipping. If it can wait they send it free.  The parts are plastic now, where my original were cast metal. Other than replacing them with the new parts I have been happy with them. We installed them with our remodel after we moved in 21 years ago. Just did a refi and the appraiser said they were dated. Dan
I use Mowen also. It's like many other things. If I haven't had a problem with it and it suits my needs and I'm confidant that I can get parts if I need to, I'll keep buying it. I stay away from Store brands (Harbor breeze) and off brand products at Costco etc. I've also installed Pfister and Delta with no issues. If anything in the house ever breaks, I don't want to try to remember what I installed. If I stick with one brand throughout, I don't have to use my brain.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(08-16-2016, 05:20 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I do not like that "nice smooth flow" because it causes water to splash out of the sink. The screen aerator s there to prevent that. Hygienic? ok, maybe but I've never fallen ill from an aerator but I have cleaned up a counter top (daily) from the plastic ones.

The laminar flow will not splash it will hit the sink and just flow out nice and smooth. The purpose of the screen was to make it seem like there was more water coming out of the faucet when they mmandated the lower gpm of faucets. Add some air and it looks like a bigger stream of water. 

We have one old faucet in the house that moves wwater like a garden hose with a laminar flow head and it does not splash as the physics of the laminar flow prevent it. No I don't care about water isage as we get billed for water we dont use anyway and all the waste ends up right back in the lake and just makes the lake cleaner. So if you want to clean the lakes just use more water.

They are recommended for all Healthcare facilities and required by regulation in many. What happens is the screen by mixing in air brings air into the diffuser after its shut off and provides a place to breed bacteria. Legionella is the most common and is also caused by having the temp too low on a waterheater.  The most recent case I have heard of was a few months ago in Dallas where a number of people caught it from the city showers.
When I remodeled the little rent house we have next door, I installed a new bath sink and ended up with a 4" Delta bar faucet.  I have the same in our small bath which has been working fine for at least 8 years now.

The only people who say you can't do that are the same people that say you can't have anything else but greasy bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Smirk
(03-05-2017, 12:09 PM)daddo Wrote: When I remodeled the little rent house we have next door, I installed a new bath sink and ended up with a 4" Delta bar faucet.  I have the same in our small bath which has been working fine for at least 8 years now.

The only people who say you can't do that are the same people that say you can't have anything else but greasy bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Smirk

Nice choice. I like the water outlet high and not against the back of the sink. 

As to durability allot has to do with your water. Good clean water even cheap will hold up for years but .. Our city water is horrible. It stinks it tastes bad full of minerals and lots of sand and rust. The water mains are 1.5" steel pipe from 1963. Not enough flow or pressure either. There is no way you could run a sprinkler system but I have a well...
I put in two Moen bathroom faucets a month ago as the Moens get high marks here. The faucets are great, but the drains can be a little fussy to install. I called Moen about and they agreed it was a problem with some sinks. Advisor was very helpful, but ultimately, I had to use some silicone to get a small leak.
The faucets are very nice, tho'.
VH07V  
If that's spam, it really weak.

... Kizar Sosay

(03-06-2017, 06:03 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I put in two Moen bathroom faucets a month ago as the Moens get high marks here. The faucets are great, but the drains can be a little fussy to install. I called Moen about and they agreed it was a problem with some sinks. Advisor was very helpful, but ultimately, I had to use some silicone to get a small leak.
The faucets are very nice, tho'.

I agree. Some of the newer sinks have sort of an odd taper to the drain and the hole seems a bit large. The Moen tail piece doesn't seat right. But, in their defense, the others don't seat too well either in the same sinks. Lots of (too much) putty needed.

... Kizar Sosay