Useful Tips To The Beginners To Start Any Woodworking Project
Pirate, can you post those pictures larger so I can see them and save them?

Also, what are the dials on the top used for?
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(08-15-2016, 09:01 AM)Martin S. Wrote: Pirate, can you post those pictures larger so I can see them and save them?

Also, what are the dials on the top used for?

Here are pictures of the latest mod. Now only 1 knob on top to lock top, and use as push handle, and 1 wing nut to hold the foot. Much easier to use.
The 2 lighter wood pieces with slots, ride in dados, in the base.
The base with the dados, had to be cut out partially, between the dados, to make room for the piece, right behind the foot, for the last mod, to use 1 knob. 
The black area in the first pic, is sandpaper to keep the foot from rotating. 
In the orig. pusher, the big knob was just for pushing.
The wing nut is a stainless wing nut, with washer attached. It's for attaching hurricane shutters. Handy for jigs and fixtures.
Hope this helps.
[Image: pusher%202%20001.jpg][Image: pusher%202%20003.jpg][Image: pusher%202%20002.jpg][Image: P1010581.jpg]
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I'm gonna make something similar, but I don't have a Bies, but a Unifence. Still doable though.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Same here, but there's a company that makes an aluminum extrusion that replaces the fence on it. I forget the name of the company, but I think the fence is around $70.
Semper fi,
Brad

Thanks Pirate for sharing.. I like the concept/design

A question for you ...

I am trying to understand the need for the horizontal adjustment.  I assume the piece that has the "foot" rides along the face of the fence.  Wouldn't that stay "fixed" relative to the top piece? 

This looks like something for my project list and wanted to get your thoughts before I dug into it.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing!

-Brian
http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm

This is a link to a company that has a replacement for the Unifence. I have not bought it, so no hands on experience.
(08-15-2016, 03:07 PM)BpB123 Wrote:
Thanks Pirate for sharing.. I like the concept/design

A question for you ...

I am trying to understand the need for the horizontal adjustment.  I assume the piece that has the "foot" rides along the face of the fence.  Wouldn't that stay "fixed" relative to the top piece? 
-Brian
The horizontal adjustment is to locate the foot, in the center of the piece being cut.
If you are pushing near the fence on, lets say, a 2" wide strip, it could ***** the piece toward the blade.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
That is a neat setup, I like it.

Steve