Plunge router recommendations
Want to dedicate a plunge router to the Leigh FMT pro and dont know which one to choose. I used to have a Bosch 1617 but found that it rocked when you hit the bottom of the plunge if you werent careful, introducing error into the jig. Plan to just put this router in the jig and leave it there. Any recommendations.
I have a cheap hitachi dedicated to my homemade loose tenon jig. Although the price has gone up considerably since I bought mine. Anyway, no problems with it, smooth plunge & locks well.

Edit: hitachi Km12vc is the one I'm talking about. I bought 2, one for this jig and another to use as a fixed base on dovetail jig. They were only $99 were I bought mine though. darn I miss the good Amazon sales!
-Marc

Tighten the thumbscrew that holds the router in the base a tad more.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I have a Triton MF001 in my FMT, and think it's just about right. The Triton screws right to the FMT base, but you have to ask Leigh for the screws and instructions (free). They are just metric screws, so i guess you could get them at any hardware store. Prior to getting the Triton, I used my Milwaukee plunge base and just swapped the motor back and forth from the FMT to handheld (fixed base) work, but the Milwaikee plunge release wasn't to my liking with that jig.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
We had a Bosch 1617 router on the FMT in our shop and had to continuously adjust the fit. Looking for the problem we found the 1617 router has no bushing for the plunge rod on one side - it's just the rod loose in the aluminum body. We were surprised when we opened the little black cap and looked inside. Went to a Makita mid size router and has been fine for years.
Dewalt 621
DW 625. Plenty of power and a massive bearing on the collet end for accuracy and durability. In addition, the 625 has the smoothest plunge action short of a Festool.
I would second the DW625 and suggest that you add a WoodRat PlungeBar to it. It'll make plunging the router much easier and you won't have to bear down on the FMT. Lee Valley has the PlungeBars for sale
Tho there have been some compromises over time, the 621 still is the one.
Take a culture trip to the local woodworking tool emporia and examine and handle  the routers on display. You'll quickly find out which router(s) fits your hand(s) better and has easier to use and access controls.