Circular saw bogging down
This is puzzling. I have a Porter-Cable 325MAG circular saw with low miles on it. Very low miles. I've been crosscutting easy stuff lately, plywood and solid poplar, and it's bogging down to the point of stopping.

I checked the obvious dumb stuff -- the blade is facing the correct direction, and the depth is fine. BTW my boards are well-supported, not sagging, and using an edge guide doesn't help.

I've never had this problem before. Any ideas?

Thanks all.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Have you checked the lube on it?  I picked up a Milwaukee worm drive and the lube was low.  I had to take it apart and reverse the bushing to get it to run right.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Dull blade ?  Too long of an extension cord, brushes wearing on saw, bad bearings, saw doesn't like you ?

One time I did have an extension cord that a several of the copper strands break off the plug, but would still work, cause the tool to be starved of electricity.
Blade bolt tight?
I second the power cord starving electric, and brushes.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
If the power cord is okay and other stuff already mentioned ,I would try another blade,a combination blade for the poplar and plywood.Try another tool in the same receptacle,that could also be the problem.Then plug into a receptacle on a different circuit and see if that helps.Vacuum dust from motor too.
mike
LIL Thanks everyone! The user manual says no lubrication is necessary through the life of the saw, so hopefully that's not it. Then again, they don't say how long that life is...
Winkgrin 

I was using an extension cord. That's  so ridiculously simple it almost has to be the reason. I'll try some cuts without it.

Appreciate the suggestions.

Yep! Saw works fine without the extension cord. Thanks everyone!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(08-14-2016, 06:49 PM)Aram Wrote: LIL Thanks everyone! The user manual says no lubrication is necessary through the life of the saw, so hopefully that's not it. Then again, they don't say how long that life is...
Winkgrin 

I was using an extension cord. That's  so ridiculously simple it almost has to be the reason. I'll try some cuts without it.

Appreciate the suggestions.

Yep! Saw works fine without the extension cord. Thanks everyone!

Extension cord on a circular saw is status quo for the folks working in trades work. Just make sure it's a quality cord rated at least 12 gauge. I personally like 10 gauge, but mine are 100 footers. That has driven numerous makes, and amps of circ saw through the years with nary a problem. At least until some Goober saws through the cord, wasn't me, honest.
Upset
Upset
Upset
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I would bet most people don't understand the need for larger gauge extension cords and of those that do not many like to spend $40+ for a cord.  I only buy 12 or bigger myself.  My compressor won't fire up on less than 12 and even then depending on the house wiring it won't fire up
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

My first thought would be the blade.  I have the same issue but I know the blade is dull.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.