Circular saw bogging down
there are a lot of substandard extension cords being imported nowadays.  Mostly the little household ones though.  I was using one to charge some electronics and the female end was getting super hot.  Went straight in the trash. Lots cheaper to make a cord if you use less copper.
Have you dropped the saw?? If the shoe is bent or twisted, even slightly, it can cause the saw to bog down. You'll notice it more with longer cuts than short ones. If it's bent or twisted, you'll be fighting to keep the saw straight. The saw is actually trying to cut a helix shaped slot. If this is the case, your blade is probably getting pretty hot from friction. You can check the shoe with a straight edge, front to back, side to side, caddy corner to caddy corner. Look for gaps or high spots.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

How many teeth on the blade?

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Gummed up or dull blade.? Bad/corroded connections on the brushes?

I use a 50ft 14 gauge ext cord with mine with no problems. Unless your saw draws more than 15 amps, 14 gauge is fine at 50 ft.
LIL Apparently one of the forum's charming new features is that if you reply to yourself, the two posts get merged. Which I did, after I figured it out.

It was the extension cord.

Thanks for all the help and advice.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site