Is it me, or....
FWW decided to close down their forum, Knots, several years ago. This was not a recent decision. 

At one time Knots was a rousing, energised forum filled with debates with all the best known toolmakers and forumites. But it consumed staff from FWW to moderate, and the writing was on the wall. Then FWW changed their forum software (familiar sounding), making it difficult to post photos. The energy waned. Most of us left about 5 years ago. What is left is now closing down.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(09-06-2016, 09:32 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: There is nothing out there to replace the virtual woodworking community.
Too few neighborhoods have crusty old woodworkers available for advice, so, yeah, no easy replacement.

As to hbmcc's question, I believe WoodNet is owned by August Home Publishing.  I have always appreciated that the company does not force itself on us (in fact, I had to dig around, some years back to find that out), but just provides the service.