Is it me, or....
(08-17-2016, 09:29 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I agree, post are down.  They've been been down for the past couple years.  Maybe the forum novelty has ran its course or maybe there's nothing new in the forum that warrants a visit.  I'll admit, I look for only a handful of posters when I browse.  I skip over many threads based on the topic or author.  I've come to learn who's advise I can take to the bank.

I have posted a handful of projects over the years and I use to itch to post them.  Not so much anymore.  The thing that irks me the most is the professional forum woodworkers who always have their two cents but have never posted a project themselves.  Or the 100 views you may get with only 1 response.  A great deal of time goes into creating a post with a description and pictures.  Yes, making it easier would most likely generate more interesting threads.  
Yes... exactly....   Business is good and I am busy for the first time in a long while. I'm here but have not posted a new thread in years.  Some "spare" time is gonna have to happen to go back thru the necessary procedures to post pics... and there's no sense "hosting" a thread if I'm not gonna post pics...  This new forum is a different look, but not a problem to my 68 yr old self... when I'm ready I'll reread the new instructions again.
Skip

(08-18-2016, 10:42 AM)planejack Wrote: All,
It has been a royal bother to me on my Mac Book Pro. I don't post much but I am here daily. I am replying on my Mac Book here and can get on on my iPad Air II. All are on Safari. I have attempted over several weeks to recover the password to no avail. I get no response by email. I PM'd a moderato and an Administrator and so far have gotten no response. Thought i'd give it a shot here with you guys since I know that you are here daily. Any suggestion will be tried. I have the user name/password stored on all machines and they match my login on all mPro machines. I deleted them from the Mac Book Pro and entered that manually for last trial. I don't know where cache/cookies are stored so I haven't tried that.
I'll be out in my shop for a while and check back in a few hours.
Jack

Well, I gave it one last try before going out to the shop. I ran Malwarebytes and had a couple item show up that I removed. Went back thru the routine of logging in and this time I was successful. We'll see how it goes. By the way i am still getting spam from info@woodnet.info at least i'm thinking it is spam.
jack
(08-18-2016, 11:13 AM)planejack Wrote: Well, I gave it one last try before going out to the shop. I ran Malwarebytes and had a couple item show up that I removed. Went back thru the routine of logging in and this time I was successful. We'll see how it goes. By the way i am still getting spam from info@woodnet.info at least i'm thinking it is spam.
jack

Hello Jack;
Good to hear you were able to login again... never had anything from "info@woodnet.info" before.  Stick around, and tell us your "stuff"...
Skip

(08-15-2016, 01:41 PM)Rob Young Wrote: I've made the suggestion but what I'm finding is that "young people" aren't interested in forums.  Too 1990's.  They are more interested in using "modern" social media methods.

Woodnet isn't modern enough?  We have a shiny new interface and everything.  I'm guessing if it was any more "modern" many (most?) of us would have no idea how to use it.

Steve
Oh, Steve, steve..... That's not what was meant. Are you aware that people ride in cars with no driver? Only one passenger, playing on hand computers--the modern social media? Those are the vehicles that cannot maintain a reasonable speed, or lane alignment. Those people can't use our form of forum software.
(08-18-2016, 03:43 PM)Steve Friedman Wrote: Woodnet isn't modern enough?  We have a shiny new interface and everything.  I'm guessing if it was any more "modern" many (most?) of us would have no idea how to use it.

Steve

Hey Steve, you planning to get a new mobile phone to replace this one?
[Image: old-phone.jpg]

I hear the new WN interface is great on them new fangled phones.

Laugh
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(08-19-2016, 09:01 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Hey Steve, you planning to get a new mobile phone to replace this one?
[Image: old-phone.jpg]

I hear the new WN interface is great on them new fangled phones.

Laugh

Boy, I can't believe fudge who use 19th century woodworking handtool technology are ragging Steve about digital technology...... that takes chutzpah!  
Laugh
Laugh
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Trust me, even with a party line, snoops, operators, and funky poles, those relics had better clarity than most phones I have used since; especially in today's digital fog.
(08-19-2016, 10:15 AM)Admiral Wrote: Boy, I can't believe fudge who use 19th century woodworking handtool technology are ragging Steve about digital technology...... that takes chutzpah!  
Laugh
Laugh

[Image: 29059931266_e77dc7d8ed_b.jpg]

Better?
Razz
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
yes, it is
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis