Road Grading
(08-18-2016, 04:46 PM)crokett™ Wrote: They wanted the ditch filled in, which we did.  now the road is washing out.  so either a) they don't know what they're talking about or b) we messed up.  It's probably a combination of both.  My county doesn't have the sharpest guys working for it in some of the offices.  

Sounds like you're doing things by trial and error and relying too much on the county guys. Hire a private civil engineer to come up with a design to solve the problem. This will save you time and money in the long run.
Doesn't need a CE...just somebody who knows how to build a dirt road.

Frankly, of all the things that the USFS does poorly, they have historically done roads pretty well.  Here are some publications:

https://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/stewa...sroads.htm

http://www.nrs.fs.fed.us/fmg/nfmg/docs/mn/roads.pdf
Wondering what you all think about me getting some large diameter - 12" or better - black corrugated pipe and cutting it in half or thirds lengthwise and lining the side of the road with that. I can keep it in place with stakes and/or fill it with larger gravel or rip rap. This would prevent the water from eroding the side of the road. I'm also going to bring in more crusher run to regrade the road and get as much of the water off to one side as I can.
(08-22-2016, 05:46 PM)JosephP Wrote: Doesn't need a CE...

It might, depending on local practices and permits.  In many areas, drawings stamped by a PE are required for work affecting roads and/or runoff.
(08-24-2016, 12:46 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Wondering what you all think about me getting some large diameter - 12" or better - black corrugated pipe and cutting it in half or thirds lengthwise and lining the side of the road with that.  I can keep it in place with stakes and/or fill it with larger gravel or rip rap.  This would prevent the water from eroding the side of the road.  I'm also going to bring in more crusher run to regrade the road and get as much of the water off to one side as I can.

I wouldn't do that.  If you want to line it with something (not necessarily suggesting...just saying if you do) I'd use a geotextile and put stone on top of it.