need ideas for door replacement
(08-16-2016, 04:00 PM)Chip N Dust Wrote: and that thing that runs down between the doors to prevent prying.

That would be the Astragal. There's your 2 dollar word for the day.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Thanks - I will try to remember that word
Kelly C
Medford, OR
Plywood barn doors. The kind with a Z pattern. Two sheets of exterior 3/4" plywood with 1" by 3" pine trim. Use the hinges like JGrout mentioned or stove bolts(heads out).

That is what I used on my shed and our current garden shed., although the trim design non the garden shed is different.

[Image: House%20for%20Mom%20042_zps47ztq9pq.jpg]
I think you got your answer splinter7612, and thanks everyone for your responses
(02-01-2017, 10:05 PM)Jeffrey Wallace Wrote: If you are planning for inward door opening then the best idea to make it secure is either by placing a crossed iron bar or by fixing a grill. As compared to single door I think double doors are much more secure. If you want more ideas on this matter it’s better to get the help of a company that provides window replacement services and installation.

He's baaaack
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Thanks to everyone, I went to a door and window place near me who I've dealt with b4 and got a price of $1200 for a custom prehung double door but as my sil's wife just had their first baby this project has been put on hold.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13