Large Cherry Dining Table Build
John, I agree with you that it doesn't look like the legs would be stable under use, which was my skepticism at the start. I explained this to the "kids" but the wanted to go with it. You know, if it's on the internet it must be OK

I purposefully cut the under frame wider than the original plans and chose not to do a tenon, leaving a stronger fit into the leg mortise.  This lends some strength to the legs in one plane. 

We have decided that if the table is wonky in the other plane, some right angle brackets will add strength and can be hidden behind the legs.
Please pray for our troops! Semper Fi!

Bob Ross (I used to be called "Doc")
www.theborkstore.com

The best part is having someone younger in your shop that is interested in woodworking.  Most of my daughters' friends don't even own a screwdriver, a hammer or a pair of pliers.  Only interested in computer stuff.

Lonnie