Finish for table top
Hi,

Apologies for posting this in two places but there are folks downstairs who don't come down here much and vice-versa.

I have three options for finishing a table top.  I am looking for the toughest of the three.  I have regular polyurethane (I hate this stuff but I have it, long story), water based polycrylic and brushing lacquer (Minwax, Watco and one other brand).  Of the there is there any one which is markedly tougher?
Thanks,
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."
The order you listed them is the order of durability.  Of the three, I'd go with the OB poly.  If you want to use something equally durable that dries quickly and doesn't stink, try GF's EnduroVar or Enduro Clear Poly. 

John
I did a red oak kitchen table for my son about five years ago and finished it with about 6 coats of high gloss Minwax oil based poly. We were at his house this past weekend and it looks as good as it did the day it was finished even though it is used almost every day. I don't have enough experience to comment on the other products.
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
Thanks, all.  As much as I hate it I went with the OB poly.  Worked well.
Ken
Carolyn "Kscott & GDay, can I come sniff you?"
Timberwolf "You ARE WHO you eat"!!!!!!! "
Spokeshave "You're swallowing someone else's DNA right now."