Plumbing...new bath faucet
Trying to put a new bathroom faucet in and come to find the countertop is too thick..don't have any threads to catch the nut for the handles.. Its granite over plywood. So can i holesaw out the plywood. (From below) from around the holes?

And what to do about a undersink water valve that doesn't want to shutoff? Doesn't want to turn, don't want to force it and break it. If I can't get it I'll have to turn off the well, but the clothes washer and dishwasher are running at the moment.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

You should be able to procure some faucet extensions at the local hardware or plumbing supply. Be sure to pick up some new quarter turn shut off valves while you're there.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Cut out the plywood. Common problem. Replace both shut offs.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

two plumbing projects today.

new vanity/sink for the front bathroom, with a stuck valve.  Valve is moving, needs replaced, but I might get it working.

new faucet for my sink, too thick of a countertop.   was trying to figure out how to cut it out, upside down in a tight space.  seems a multitool is the best way.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

My faucet is all hooked up. What a pain laying half in at an angle working under the sink

Mark

I did a bathroom plumbing repair for a client of my wife's. She's 73 and just had knee surgery. Had dental floss tied to the pop up stopper. I replaced the whole drain tube assembly. I feel for ya, trying to do this job was difficult enough, no room. Trying to get inside the cabinet like you had to must of been a pain in ...........back, yeah, back. Glad your project is done, successfully.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry