Hooking up a Festool sander to a shop vac
(10-13-2016, 09:26 AM)joe1086 Wrote: Do you have a link for the Bosch hose? Not seeing it for $20....

I'm assuming this will fit the $99 Festool sander deal I was able to get in on.

This is the amazon link for the hose he is referring to:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A...UTF8&psc=1

It's currently $40 now but keep checking back as the price keeps fluctuating.  I bought it in August for the $20 price and it's a great hose.
Yeah the hose has been around $20 for a couple months now. I bought a couple when they had the extra percent off and got them for $16 each. It's a pretty good hose but pperfect but it's perfect for the price. 

It hs the common size shop vac connection and the tool end will fit many of my tools but not all.
I'll keep an eye on the price. Got a couple weeks before the sander ships anyway.

Thanks
Festool sander works best with reduce vacuum flow, if the flow is higher it will leave marks on the wood.

If you use a shop vac, incorporate a 2" blast gate, so you can adjust the flow. It will serve the purpose.

Festool , Fein vacuum has built in vacuum flow adjuster.
I have several Festool sanders and the ETS 125 seems to be the most sensitive insofar as needing the auction turned way down.
-Marc

(10-13-2016, 02:42 PM)joe1086 Wrote: I'll keep an eye on the price. Got a couple weeks before the sander ships anyway.

Thanks

The price is $21 this morning.
Yep, thank you. Got a couple PMs also and it is on the way.

Love this place....
things like this perfect for a camelcamelcamel price watch.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

The ETS 125 is very sensitive to over suctioning from the vacuum.  It will nearly quit rotating if you over suction or apply too much pressure.  It is a finishing sander, as advertised.  Even with four to five 1/4" holes in my adapter the suction is still borderline too high with my non adjustable Fein.  I turn the suction all the way to low with using the old CT22 Festool vacuum.  Even so, there's still no noticeable dust.  You will really like this sander with 150 on up grit.