Value of a dead bear
They have 3,400 rpm and 1,700 rpm motors mostly. Never seen a 3,000, but you could use a 3,400. I think Northern tool has one for about $210.00. Not a Leeson or Baldor, but it would run to sell.

Or if you don't want to mess with it, sell it as is.
(08-23-2016, 02:02 PM)DonJuvet Wrote: 3000 rpm

and......
my bad, it is single phase. 
Raised

You must have 50Hz power.  Synchronous speed of an induction motor is 120 x line frequency in hertz, divided by the number of poles.  A 2-pole motor on 60Hz power therefore has a synchronous speed of 3600 rpm, and the same motor on 50Hz power is 3000 rpm.  Number of poles is always even, and never less than 2, with 4-pole motors being probably the most common, and 6- and 8-pole motors being less common (in that order).  Full-load speed is always less, as the rotor has to slip (turn slower than the rotating magnetic field) to induce a current within it, hence the term 'induction' motor.  Even unloaded speed is slightly less, like a couple of rpm less.

If it's single-phase, it's likely too expensive to rewind, if that's what's wrong.  Three-phase units are much easier to rewind.  Sounds like a new motor is cheapest, or sell it for $500 with a bad motor.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Some motors are labeled with the speed rated at the working load.
Some also have both the 50hz and 60hz speeds/specs on the tags.

What TDKPE said.
If the motor mounts like a G1023, the motor mounts sort of like a Unisaw motor (probably a LOT like a Unisaw motor, seeing as the G1023 appears to be a Unisaw knockoff). So any replacement motor would need suitable mounting ears.
3000...3600... my eyes are bad enough to just come close while reading the old tag on the motor
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that
[Image: image_17311.jpg]
if you have a smart phone just open up the camera and zoom in, modern day magnifying glass
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(08-24-2016, 10:04 AM)Bob10 Wrote: if you have a smart phone just open up the camera and zoom in, modern day magnifying glass

Yup I always just take a picture of data plates then look at them on the phone. Much easier aas those plates are always in odd locations you can't read them in anyway. Easier on the eyes and the body.
On heavy duty professional saws rewinding the motor is pretty much normal. They tend to burn out once or twice per century and usually modern standard motors will not fit properly.

However Grizzly isn't exactly heavy duty industrial quality nor wery old..... and the motor is most likely a standard chineese one...... so I would look for a new chineese standard motor and just swap it if the saw was mine.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English