"Game changing" router
It is potentially a a great solution if you have a lot of repetitive tasks.
For example, routing the recess for a door hinge.
Build a base underneath it to hold the wood, and it probably replaces a Leigh FMT.
You could potentially turn it into a dovetail jig as well (with a homemade fixture, the router might cut at the right spacing for you).
Could probably be adapted to do dominoes. A domino is 970 now, this tool is about 500 more now, but potentially does more stuff.

I assume it lifts the bit up if the user strays too far from the cut line.

A lot depends on how accurate it really is. I am assuming it is very accurate.  Pat's point is right, if it is too sloppy, it is useless.

I can see some cases where this would be a lot more useful than a small CNC, but other cases where a small CNC would work better.
(08-29-2016, 03:19 PM)PaulJohnstone Wrote: It is potentially a a great solution if you have a lot of repetitive tasks.
For example, routing the recess for a door hinge.

It's still slow compared to a dedicated jig for repetitive tasks.  Maybe you picked a bad example, because there are door hinge templates that are pretty inexpensive already on the market.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill