"Game changing" router
https://shapertools.com/?utm_source=rock...gn=rockler
This one explains it...

[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Honestly, I don't understand who would buy this at the price point of $2100 (its $1500 on presale right now)

I mean, you can get a small CNC for 3k that is going to be faster.

I could see an application where a carpenter in the field that has do modify a cabinet or something could use it, but a hobbyist at that price range? Also, I wonder how sensitive the field is, if the bit lifts when your off the path, it will take FOREVER for someone to complete a pass. Ever try to move a router in a straight line without a guide? darn near impossible. 

Wasnt this an april fools joke a few years back?

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Make the human and imprecise gantry, no thank you.
Looks like a great idea- I like it.

However, I wouldn't use it much personally.
Agreed, a small CNC would be more useful, and you are paying entry level here. Until then I'll stick to guide rails from my DeWally track saw, and their tool carriage, with a stop block clamped where I need them.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'd like to see it actually work, not just an animation.

Duke
I've seen a video from the kid (young man, actually) who invented the original version. IIRC, it was part of a college experiment. I'll try to dig it up, but I thought it was posted on WN before.

I won't be surprised when there's a Festool version of it flying off the shelves at $1500 +/-...

Found it, from 2012.

and the article:

http://phys.org/news/2012-08-router-prec...rking.html

-Greg
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Still not clear on how this thing tracks the tape.
Says it stays ~+/- .010 on its line.
Not even close for joinery.
What am I missing?
Pat Warner
It moves the router within the frame to compensate for your imprecise movements.

I agree it's expensive, but so is any new technology. I also agree it's not right for a lot of people, but it'll be great for some! I watched the video above yesterday, the guy is cutting some small parts, so in that case a small or home brew CNC would definitely be better. But I'd bet the day after I buy a bench-top CNC I'd find a project that's too big to fit in it! Like small inlay on a large part.
Benny