PC Universal Miter Saw Stand
I'm wondering of anyone has one of these stands.  I am having trouble getting it to fold down and I can't find any adjustments in the manual or trouble shooting information.  Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Rick

I don't have this stand but some of the reviews on the Amazon website may have a solution to the problem. Here is one of the reviews....

Great Stand - just needed to fix lowering problem

"We bought this stand from a local hardware store but had some trouble lowering it. Porter Cable's own website mentioned that the locking mechanism might have to be released with a screwdriver once and awhile - this seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen on their part as it puts the operator underneath the saw! We realized there was a better, easy way to fix the problem and another reviewer here confirmed it (thank you Amazon reviewers!). You just need to switch the position of the cables at the release lever - making it so the cable that leads down to the unlocking mechanism is above the other cable. That ensures the cable will be short enough to fully retract the locks so you can lower it.
Secondly, you need to know that the stand will only lower with a great deal of weight on it. Makes sense as it needs to safely lower a heavy saw but isn't intuitive since you might be lowering the stand for storage without the saw on it. You have to press down pretty hard to lower it without the saw but it works. Hope this helps someone else from the headaches we had before figuring it out."

There are a couple of other Amazon reviews that also contain some information about the problem.
That's a great lead - thanks a lot for the info

Rick
Rick