BS Blades for in-bound Grizzly G0513X2F
Ordered a few Timberwolves blades to try also

1/2" X 3AS
1/4" X 10RK
1" X 2PC
Those will likely serve you well if your needs are modest.  That 1" blade might be a tad too wide on that saw, even though Grizzly said it can use one.  Hopefully, it will tension OK.  If not, I'd step down to a 3/4" one.  The two Timberwolf blades I had both broke, and not at the welds and not from over tension.  I hope you have better luck.  Timberwolf blades dull pretty easily, as do other common steel blades.  If you need to cut abrasive woods, or a lot of wood, then look at bi-metal blades next.  Lennox Diemaster II is a good choice, as are Olson MVP.  I bought a new BS recently and put a Lennox Woodmaster CT carbide blade on it for resawing and cutting veneer and the speed and cut quality is far superior to anything I've ever used before.  It was about $150 to my door for a 162" blade from Spectrum Supply, so not cheap, but if I can have it resharpened just once it's no more expensive than a bi-metal blade, resharpened twice and it's as cheap as a carbon steel one. 

John
Thanks jteneyck. Hopefully the 1" laguna resaw king I ordered will fit then.
Sad

EDIT: Before I use it I'm going ahead and calling about returning it and I'll see about picking up either a 3/4" resaw king or either a 1/2" or 3/4" lenox carbide blade. Thanks again for the feedback.
If you end up going with the Lennox carbide blade, I think the 3/4" will be the better choice. That blade is intended for straight cutting. 1/2" makes little sense to me if your saw can tension the 3/4". I have the 1" on my saw, which supposedly can tension a 1-3/8" blade.

John
(09-10-2016, 05:45 PM)jteneyck Wrote: If you end up going with the Lennox carbide blade, I think the 3/4" will be the better choice.  That blade is intended for straight cutting.  1/2" makes little sense to me if your saw can tension the 3/4".  I have the 1" on my saw, which supposedly can tension a 1-3/8" blade.  

John

Looks like I can get a 3/4" laguna resaw king or a 3/4" lenox trimaster for about the same pricing.  Without starting a brand war is there any difference in performance between these two worth noting, specifically when used on the Grizzly G0513X2F ?  

I'm just a hobby user but I still appreciate a quality cut.  Maybe I should just stick with timber wolf or wood slicer type blades but I'm assuming with the carbide I'll get better cut and longer life, right?   Thanks.
Sorry, no experience with the Laguna blade.  But I have used a Woodslicer and there's no comparison to the Lennox Woodmaster CT.  The Woodmaster CT cuts at least as smooth as the Woodslicer, cuts faster, will last at least 10X as long, won't bind in the cut if the wood pinches a nanometer, and can be resharpened.

I would not have the Woodmaster CT as the only blade for your BS, but I would use it (or the Laguna, probably) as my only resaw and veneer slicing blade.  And I would use it only for those tasks.  It's too expensive to risk damaging for general work.  If you would prefer to have one blade that can do everything (at lower performance, of course) then I'd look at a 1/2" - 4 tpi bimetal blade like the Olson MVP or Lennox Diemaster II.  

John
Unfortunately the wood master ct doesn't come in 3/4". I think only the trimaster and resaw King does. My plan was to use the carbide only for resawing boards and making veneers. Thanks.
Hmm, you are right. That being the case, I guess I'd go with the 3/4" Resaw King for resaw/veneer work. Another option would be to buy a cheap 1" blade and see if your saw can tension it well. If it can then you could go with the 1" Woodmaster CT.

John
LOL. I just shipped the 1" resaw king back because I kept seeing the saw couldn't tension 1" properly. I did get one of the timber wolfs in 1" though as I ordered them at the same time as the resaw king. I didn't bother shipping it back yet as it didn't seem worth it given the lower blade cost and the high shipping cost. I can try to see if it will tension when I get there. I'm in middle of a shop rearrange and have everything torn apart still so I haven't finished putting the bandsaw together yet. Got it on the mobile base and moved into place and stopped there. I'm working on getting my dust collection duct work rerouted to everythings new location at moment.
I will be the contrarian in the group. I  cut a lot of plywood which is probably harder on blades than most anything else. I haven't found any noticeable difference in the cheaper (not cheapest) blades. Higher priced blades that are supposed to be better don't last any longer or cut any different or better.

I now buy Morse brand from McMaster Carr because of price, delivery and convenience. They work fine and last as long as anything I have tried. For me they are much better buy than the other 'high quality' blades and I go through a few of them.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks