BS Blades for in-bound Grizzly G0513X2F
(09-13-2016, 07:10 AM)Kudzu Wrote: I will be the contrarian in the group. I  cut a lot of plywood which is probably harder on blades than most anything else. I haven't found any noticeable difference in the cheaper (not cheapest) blades. Higher priced blades that are supposed to be better don't last any longer or cut any different or better.

I tend to agree.  It almost seems better to go with a modest priced blade and throw them away when they get dull.
That might be true for plywood, but there is a big difference in life between a cheap blade and bimetal, for example, when cutting real wood, and another big jump when using carbide. No one would buy anything but the cheapest blades made if there wasn't.

Maybe you aren't choosing the correct tooth style for what you are cutting.

John
I just buy one blade and it stays on the saw...a one inch  carbide. It is an expensive blade but outlast a dozen cheap blades and gives a superior cut. You just need a saw that can tension it.  Hate to change blades so I never do. I used to always keep a second small 14in bandsaw for curved work but dont think I got room in this new smaller shop. So the trusty jigsaw will have to do for now. Maybe later get a benchtop bandsaw.