Power Feeder Replacement Wheels
Looking to replace power feeder wheels ..    Feeders are Steff - Maggi ..  

Wondering where folks are buying them and what grade of rubber ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

you may have to dig around some. but these guys are my go to supplier

I prefer 60 durometer tires they are softer and wear a bit faster but they tend to stay sticky 

did your old ones just get hard and brittle? 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

another vote for western roller.  we put four western rollers on our new Steff feeder just because they are that much better.  worth every penny.
Yes. Western roller. Top of the line.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The stock wheels got less and less sticky,  and as I increased pressure to cause them to work,  started to crack ..
Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.
Ayn Rand

I just got some wheels from Western Roller also.  They took some rubber rollers from a JPM-13 and coated them with urethane for me.  Great bunch of people .
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Western Roller, great people to work with and a great product too.

Colin
Axiom blue get them from J&G Machinery. They are the best...better then Western Roller IMO. Here is why... they are the full width of the stock wheels. I have ordered from Western before and they are skinnier and that means they dont come all the way to the edge of the feeder. Makes a huge difference if you are running smaller strips or narrow parts. I do have yellow Western Roller on my raised panel feeder with a doubled up front wheel and they work really good for me on that but on my other 5 feeders i have the blue Axiom. They do seem to be a tad stickier too then Western.

I also tried Acrotech and hated how the tires hang off the wheels and makes that section of the tire pretty much useless so i returned them.

Another vote for Western Roller. Note the wheels will react with oxygen over time and they will break down. The durometer of the rollers will go up and in some cases that will make them require more pressure for them to work. Rather than increase the pressure too much it is often better to replace the wheels. I have been tons and tons of shops and I have seen roller wheels that look like complete garbage and yet the workers just keep using them. They fight them rather than replace them.
On a shaper, running some edge molded stuff with a power feeder, I noticed the edge rippled, like what happens with a jointer blade a whisker high. Examining the wheels on the PF, I've found them in rough shape. Will the wheels cause the rippling?

I am a novice with shapers and power feeders, so, if there is something else I should look for, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

T.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com