Hole Plugs
Thanks for the suggestions.  I did some experimenting and using the technique Pirate suggest about drilling and then cutting the plugs with a band saw worked well.  I am ebonizing the piece with India Ink and I can hardly see the plugs ... and I know where they are.
Take care.
Don
What  Pirate said is exactly the way you use the plug cutter from Lee Valley.  Having use a number of different plug cutter the value of the Lee Valley tapered cutter is the taper. The taper makes it easier to start in the hole and when you tap it in it gets nice and tight due to the taper. I'll never go back to a straight plug cutter.
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
(08-29-2016, 05:35 PM)ruffcutt Wrote: What  Pirate said is exactly the way you use the plug cutter from Lee Valley.  Having use a number of different plug cutter the value of the Lee Valley tapered cutter is the taper. The taper makes it easier to start in the hole and when you tap it in it gets nice and tight due to the taper. I'll never go back to a straight plug cutter.

Snappy plug cutters are also tapered, and made in the USA.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Yup, Snappy has a good rep also.
I also use the snappy set and very happy with them.
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"