Planes and things
The plane has been precision ground and flat within .0015. Actually it is flatter. The sides were ground square to the bottom. Kind of makes then maybe a good choice for a shooting board although these are shorter

The blades have also been ground so there is no pitting or anything to contend with when sharpening. One doesn't have a lot of flat lapping on the top of the blade.

The plane needs nothing but sharpening. Otherwise it is ready to go right out of the box. 

First up is a #80 M cabinet scraper. The M stands for malleable iron which is not to common. What it means is it has less chance of braking in to if it is dropped in on a cement floor. Both cutting edges have been ground at 45% and the hook rolled. The bottom has also been lapped. It is ready to put to work. Japanning is at least 96% Asking $50 plus shipping. Yes it is new or almost new price but it is an M and a lot of work has been saved by putting the 45% angles on.
I also sharpen scraper cutters in case someone is interested. PM me if so.

[Image: DSC02809_zpsrycl2t3n.jpg]
[Image: DSC02808_zpsjgpjx9ra.jpg]

I also have a Stanley 151 M spoke shave.  Again it is an M and not the run of the mill spoke shaves.  As you can see the japanning is close to 100%. The blade has been ground and sharpened asking $30 plus

[Image: DSC02811_zpsrzbapwrf.jpg]

[Image: DSC02812_zpsas2mz2ln.jpg]

Next is a Bailey #3 that was made in England. Usually I find the later stuff made in England to be a little higher in quality, but it is a later model and all of the quality issues that might have been present have been addressed with the grinding. It had a broken, beyond repair, tote so the wood has been replaced. The japanning is 99% and original. Asking $25 for the plane and $40 for the grinding or $65 plus shipping. A special price of $70 if you wish it sharpened. Usually I strip them all completely down but I ran out of time so I so didn't take it apart for the photo.

[Image: DSC02822_zpsclatiho3.jpg][Image: DSC02823_zpsyrdyin7s.jpg]

[Image: DSC02825_zps5ejchlwq.jpg][Image: DSC02826_zpswmre1q8t.jpg]

Thanks for looking,

Tom

I have some more.

Next is a Bailey 4C type 12 plane for sale. It has been resurrected from the dead. It has been stripped and repainted. It has a very close fit at the toe of the frog so there is no side to side movement. The frog has a full machined face and the knob and tote are new and made out of Babinga. Asking $80 plus shipping.  Week end special running until whatever, $85 sharpened.

[Image: DSC02813_zpsdbgzw4ut.jpg]

[Image: DSC02814_zpsleohct0n.jpg]

[Image: DSC02815_zpsj0xrvxv5.jpg]

[Image: DSC02817_zpsmlygylt4.jpg]

[Image: DSC02818_zpszlnfbui1.jpg] 

Next I have a Miller Falls equivalent of a Stanley 78. The japanning is 99%99 andit is probably the nicest one I have ever came acrossed. The body, blade, and chip braker are all the same  thickness. I use mine as a shoulder as well as a rabbit plane  Sometimes one has to use both sides and when I do I find this feature priceless. Asking $55 plus and again the special of $60 sharpened ready to go out of the box.

[Image: DSC02819_zpslfqzyswm.jpg]

[Image: DSC02820_zpsxpdb7osu.jpg]

[Image: DSC02821_zpspbgbd1yh.jpg]

And lastly is a Stanley Block plane. It is 6 inches long and a standard angle plane and has a  movable front jaw.  It is probably one of the last one of the Stanley blocks that was truly a great little plane. Japanning is original and every thing operated smoothly. The pictures do not do the grinding finish justice.  Asking $25 for the plane, $20 for grinding for a total of $45 plus shipping, $50 if sharpened.

[Image: DSC02827_zpsgi2fqlv8.jpg]

[Image: DSC02828_zpstvdxbn1b.jpg]

[Image: DSC02829_zpsgubmzyql.jpg]

[Image: DSC02830_zpsdptwxosv.jpg]

Thanks for looking,

Tom
PM Sent on Miller Falls equivalent of a Stanley 78
The MF is sold pending. bbrickey  Your private massaging is turned off.

Tom
A friendly bump for this week end.

I have a Craftsman 78 for sale. It was made by Stanley. Looks exactly like the miller Falls listed. All  the comments are the same. Only it has already been sharpened and ready to go asking $50 plus.

Tom
Hey @tablesawtom

I am in need to a plane but am just starting out with woodworking. What do you mean you can grind down the plane? Why is it beneficial to grind it down?

I'm interested in buying it for the $25+ shipping. I should be able to sharpen it myself, I just don't know if I really need it ground.
Quote:The plane has been precision ground and flat within .0015. Actually it is flatter. The sides were ground square to the bottom. Kind of makes then maybe a good choice for a shooting board although these are shorter

The blades have also been ground so there is no pitting or anything to contend with when sharpening. One doesn't have a lot of flat lapping on the top of the blade.

The plane needs nothing but sharpening. Otherwise it is ready to go right out of the box. 
I don't grind them down I grind them flat and square. Most planes I see are high in the middle. One starts a cut with pressure on the knob and the plane rocks as the pressure is shifted to the back. Hence the shaving brakes.  So a person starts a new cut and ends up planning a taper. Most people think that they can sand them flat and that every old plane needs to be flattened and so on. Iron doesn't sand quickly and most only manage to scratch up the bottom and think because it is shinny it is flat. If it was that easy there would be no need for surface grinders or skilled trades. Usually on older planes the blade is rusted and pitted where the chip brake and the blade meet. To get the blade sharp one needs to lap it flat and get rid of the pits. Actually it is cheaper to spend a few dollars and by an after market blade than to lap the pits out on an old blade.

I deal in quality and a money back guarantee. And quality is long remembered after a cheap price is forgotten.

Please don't take this as condinstending  but you will have less work if you go to Home Depot and buy a cheap block plane and just sharpen and use it. Down the road you will want a block plane that the throat opening can be adjusted. If one is interested please go the hand tool section on this forum and ask advise. Since the statement (I just don't know if I really need it ground) I am not the person to be giving the information, I'm the one trying to sell.

I did receive this email today from a person that sent me a 608 to precision grind.

H Tom, I got the 608 today and it's beautiful. Great work. I had to get the package at the post office cause it was too large to fit in my mail drop. Anyway I couldn't wait so I opened it in the vestibule of the post office and some guy passing by, was really impressed and wondered where I got it done. So I told him to do a search for Table saw Tom. You might get another customer from the Mojave Desert. Many thanks for your super job. Bob

PS the mini anvil is perfect too

Thanks for the honest questions though.

Tom
Somebody better jump on that 4C. She's a beauty, and that's a steal.

@lolatlogan, you really can't go wrong here.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
PM sent on the #80 M cabinet scraper.
Sraper is sold pending.

Tom

Actually I am surprised that the 3 and the 4 are still here. The tote and knob on the 4 I usually sell for $20 by them selves. The 3  makes a great plane for a child. Actually they, most of the time, need as good or better tools than an adult. An adult will fiddle, but a kid won't, It either works or it will get pushed aside. And sometimes for years. I have found that when they work I needed to say , call me if you need me and then clear the area completely.

Tom
PM sent on Stanley 151 M spoke shave.