One of my proudest woodworking achievements
Thanks,
I remember it being  quite challenging for a 14 year old

(08-30-2016, 04:58 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: That is a great looking project. All hand tools and 47 years ago and you are still woodworking. Isn't that something. And now most schools don't have shop. I still have the piece I finished in 1960 so I understand what it means to you. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

I agree, it's sad that kids these days don't get to experience shop and that sense of accomplishment  that comes with it.
Variation on a joint stool.  NO, it's not where you sit and light up.  My first version - first project in college - featured the turned look, only it was patterned sawed legs.

First projects in MS were really just making up boards and then a box.  Looooong time ago. Used to bring in some tools once or twice a year up at school, and the class would contribute to making a board the old fashoined way.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
IMHO, that would be well worth the shipping cost.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Neat old stool, my 1st project was a "contemporary modern" style book case made in 1965.

Steve
Thought about it and may go ahead and get it, but for now it's safe with my neice