It followed me home potential Gloat
[Image: 20160829_184337_zpscvddly2z.jpg]

I saw it on a facebook group for sale yesterday and brought it home tonight. I swear it had the factory blade still in it.
ASE Master Auto and Medium/Heavy Truck Technician, Service writer and parts consultant.
Master Emergency Vehicle Technician-Police Vehicles

Nice,  but to be a gloat you have to divulge the details.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
You have a very nice saw there.  Whether or not it's gloat worthy depends on what you paid for it. 
Wink  

I don't know a whole lot about Hawks, other than they are very well made saws.  Bushton Mfg recently purchased the business and by most accounts have done a good job with making improvements to design and customer service.  Do you know how old it is?  I think they recently improved their blade clamps.  Any idea if this one has the newer clamps?
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I paid $150 for it. It has the old style blade clamps but I plane to update them
ASE Master Auto and Medium/Heavy Truck Technician, Service writer and parts consultant.
Master Emergency Vehicle Technician-Police Vehicles

I'd say you did well.  Gloat at will! 
Big Grin
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Thats a screaming gloat. You will be VERY happy with it. 

I got the same one last year, with the magnifying lens and light for $150 and I felt like a thief.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

A gloat?  I disagree.  The problem is the mis-interpretation of what a Gloat is.  As it was originally used on The Old Tools List, a gloat was when you found something of extreme rarity, something much sought after or something extremely inexpensive.  Any combination of the three ran the gloatage up and/or increased vacuum.  Also, cool factor and gizmosity played into all of this.

What we have when we buy something that's still widely available is best described as a Neener, as in "neener, neener, neener" (you wag your finger and your head rocks back and forth when you say that).

Please, don't cheapen the gloat by applying it to everything.
(08-31-2016, 07:02 PM)Unisaw A100 Wrote: A gloat?  I disagree.  The problem is the mis-interpretation of what a Gloat is.  As it was originally used on The Old Tools List, a gloat was when you found something of extreme rarity, something much sought after or something extremely inexpensive.  Any combination of the three ran the gloatage up and/or increased vacuum.  Also, cool factor and gizmosity played into all of this.

What we have when we buy something that's still widely available is best described as a Neener, as in "neener, neener, neener" (you wag your finger and your head rocks back and forth when you say that).

Please, don't cheapen the gloat by applying it to everything.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Semper fi,
Brad

Silly me, i thought a gloat was a great find at a really great price.
(09-02-2016, 10:51 AM)cvillewood Wrote: Silly me, i thought a gloat was a great find at a really great price.

Definitions morph over time. IMHO, a very worthy tool at a great price qualifies, perhaps not on the OTL, but certainly on WoodNet. Suckage quotient rises the lower the price. For example, a 90's vintage pot metal Craftsman saw would not qualify, even at $25. 

By the way, JamesR, let me be the first, you suck!  Very gloatworthy.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis