Entry door wood
OK...broke my left wrist !!!  No door making for me this season.  Anyone want to do it for me?  Seriously?  Door and jam...I'll send sketches to you if you are interested.  I am in N.Y. (Long Island).   Otherwise, it's gonna be a cold winter with the door I now have.
Alan you need to turn on private messaging I composed a message but cannot send it to you 

Joe Let me know please
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

While you have gotten ,very good information so far I thought I would tell you how I saw custom doors made in the 50's .I did menial work for a cabinet maker when I was a teenager and learned a lot.
Mario only used quartersawn or riftsawn woods for doors. Mahogany is fine, even Luan as boat makers use it for trim.Before fiberglass Luan was used for the hulls instead of more expensive Mahoganys in less expensive boats.
Mario used White Oak ,Mahogany and other hardwoods that were not prone to weather problems for exterior doors.
All the stiles and rails were mortised and tenoned. The glue,if he used glue was a boat builders glue that I forgot the type of.If I recall it was a Wellwood brand.Often if the job called for it he did not use any glue.The tenons were pulled up tight with draw pegs.This type of construction will hold a joint tight forever.After the excess pegs were removed from each side he bored a 3/8" diameter x 1/4" deep hole for a button peg to glue. The button looked better than the grain of the draw peg .Sometimes the buttons were not used,depended on the customer.

mike