Closet Organizere Ideas
I have a small walk in (5' 6" X 5' 8") would like to dump the wire shelves and put bars for hanging, drawers and shelving. Anyone have any pics for ideas
Jim
Try this design tool. http://www.easyclosets.com/get-started/s...gn-closet/ I used this tool when I rebuilt the closets in our master bedroom. My challenge was the sloping back wall from the gambrel roof. The tool will give you the opportunity to look at several options for organization.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Our new house has a 4 1/4' deep x 5' wide closet, with a wire shelf on each side. Clothes hang from the shelves also.
my wife asked for more storage. Not wanting to get into a nice wood closet deal, at this time, I added a wire shelf on the back wall between the side shelves, so now the shelves are a U shape.
Then on top of these shelves, I added 2 more layers of shelving.
In the center of the back wall we put a small 4 drawer cabinet, with a cap rack above it.
Here's a pic of 1 side.
[Image: Closet%20003.jpg]Under the side shelves, below where the clothes hang, 2 partial length shelves. This was to allow long dresses to be hung.
My wife is amazed at the amount of storage.
Some day, I may design and install wood shelves, with the same basic design.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I've worked for an international closet design company before. The shop I work at now has there own design. Both designs rely on panels that rest on the floor, usually 84" tall +/- . Holes are drilled near the back and front edge, for just hanging and a few shelves, 12" deep panels are adequate. The holes are typically 37 mm from both edges. The attachment method of the top and bottom varies, pocket screws, biscuits and glue, etc. The individual units should be 36" wide at the maximum. The reason I prefer these methods is versatility. You can change things around to meet your needs, i.e. more shelves, more hanging, whatever.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I've made many a closet using the skinned particle board panels, some of the accessory hangers they offer, and Confirmat, and drywall screws. Some of these creations are still getting daily use 25 years after install. There are all manner of cut to length hangers you can use for hanging rack to fit between corner towers which can house drawers, or simply be open shelf storage. Sorry for the lousy pics, it's never dawned on me to take pics when they aren't already loaded down.

[Image: endunit2siderails_zps2ec0681f.jpg]

[Image: BACKCLOSET1_zpscc6a4ff0.jpg]

[Image: 2endunitswithshortrail_zps20293db0.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I used easy closets as well. Their layout tool is pretty could once you locate everything which can take some doing. This is probably sacrilegious here but I actually wound up just ordering mine from them. Everything came very well packaged and assembled easily. I went with the floor standing design.
-Marc

I have done several closets using the easy track system.  I even used it for garage storage, but it was not heavy duty enough for my nail and bolt storage. It did hold up for several years though.  For a closet though it worked out nice.  It uses a steel rail for the french cleat system.  I started with their kit and used it for the template for other boards that I made to use the system.  For these I used 3/4 inch Melamine shelving.  Overall, it has held up and I can reconfigure it easily. Dan
Big Grin 
Thanks everyone. I can't help but notice the pics you all posted don't look anything like the pics in the advertisements. Meaning not so orderly & neat.
I'm crushed, are you saying my heaps of old t-shirts aren't orderly, and neat
Tongue
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The best thing you can do for closets is declutter (toss things out)

I've done a couple of organizers in our closets.
I'm a big fan of providing mixed hanging storage:
  - long (usually with space for a hamper below and shoebox above
  - double rods for hanging short items (shirts)

For walk-ins, dealing with corners is hard.
Make sure to plan for lighting.

Matt