Closet Organizere Ideas
MY solution:

This is all made from Melamine coated particle board. Some pre-drilled to euro standard, some I drilled with a template as necessary. Confirmat screws for all rigidly attached horizontals. Hanging rail is also particle board.

Mostly, these hang from the wall so we didn't have to worry about the carpet or tack strips making an uneven bearing surface. The right hand set are intended for banker's boxes of paper tax records, so they sit on the floor and the carpet was removed there.

[Image: right_zps8861ae2b.jpg]

[Image: back_zpse24deb0f.jpg]

[Image: left_b_zpsba4b10ff.jpg]

[Image: left_a_zps1aa1a02e.jpg]
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Steve N said "I'm crushed, are you saying my heaps of old t-shirts aren't orderly, and neat [Image: tongue.gif]".

I spent 22 years in the Army. In that time I conduct numerous inspections (3 years as a Drill Sgt.). Plus I'm an incurable neat freak, I was like that as a kid. I don't remember Mom telling me to clean my room.

Mr. Mike passes inspection though. Good Job sir.
Big Grin
Jim
I don't remember my mother telling me to clean my room either. However, once in awhile it would get cleaned out with just enough stuff left to fit in a foot locker and two duffle bags.
I've been brainstorming doing the same thing to my wife's closet so I've been researching all the neat little gadgets, materials, options and layout myself.  One thing that I'm nearly dead sure I'll do is buy one side finished birch plywood from one of the suppliers here.  A friend uses it on nearly all of his cabinets and he loves it.  It's a durable urethane finish and light in color but I imagine it does has some amber to it.  He prefinishes his face frames and then pocket screws them on the boxes.  A panel is built and added to the ends.  This would save a lot of time and probably be a money saver too.  The costs is minimal.  Maybe 10% per sheet more, IIRC.