Krenov Style Cabinet
Here's my latest project. Case is maple and birdseye maple, legs are cherry.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice! Love the clean, simple lines.
Nice. The wood on the bottom of the cabinet pops.
Very nice.  I really like the proportions and wood choices.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Beautiful!  Nice job.
Very nicely done. I agree with tag, that bottom really pops.
Smile 
Very, very nice! Good on ya! Looking at the sensuous curves in the legs immediately makes me want to extend those curves up into the case line. Might make the project a little more difficult.
Big Grin
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Very nice cabinet-on-stand although I wouldn't exactly label it Krenovian.

Some Krenovian details that distinguished his work:

1. His shelf pins (consoles, he called them) were hand carved from wood.
2. He almost exclusively used knife hinges. (I have seen at least one pic where he used butt hinges)
3. His door catches were wood, adjusted by a ball point pen spring and a screw.
4. He placed small chamfered dowels in the bottom for the doors to rest on and prevent sagging, especially with showcase cabinets where the glass added to the door weight.

I can't tell how the back was constructed but if it's solid wood, you will have a problem with movement. For a unbroken, clean look like you have (versus a frame and panel), Krenov would saw thin laminate and glue to a stable substrate...usually solid core, cross-bonded plywood.

I'm not critizing your cabinet because you did a fine job and it looks great. However, I'm a Krenov fan and just because it's a cabinet-on-stand, doesn't mean it's "Krenov style."
I should have also mentioned I love the Krenov style!
Bob enable your PM's.....trying to send you a message.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)