My lawn needs a reboot. Any experts?
(09-10-2016, 09:22 AM)Admiral Wrote: I pretty much follow the Scotts program; in the spring you can buy your fertilizers and they have a brochure, or sometimes print on the bags, what to put down and when, just follow those recommendations even if you don't buy the Scotts brands.  Below is a link to their crabgrass pre emergent as a stand alone product, but they have it already mixed in with fertilizer too which is more convenient to apply, which is what I have used.  Other brands are good too, I'm sure.

http://www.scotts.com/smg/goprod/halts-c.../prod90026

In my youth I worked on a vegetable farm tending crops, and believe me, grass is pretty easy to grow in comparison.....  LOL
Smirk

Just make sure you get one intended for NEW lawns, you want to give any seed that does not germinate this fall a chance in the spring. Scotts has a product for newly seeded lawns that I have used in small areas, have even mixed it with the seed as I distributed it.