Brad Nailer Sears Craftsman educate me
I bought one of those electric jobs years ago when i first moved into my house and didn't have access to a compressor of any variety.   It seemed to "bounce" if you weren't holding it FIRMLY against the piece being nailed, but would easily sink the nails otherwise.   If you have a compressor, i would guess that they can exert more instantaneous impact than the electric so you have less chance for bounce...   just make sure you aren't shooting nails out the edge/side of anything and that your other hand (or someone else's hand) is nowhere near the "impact" area.
I too had one similar when I first started using power nailers.  First me say this about any tool.  If it works as designed and similar to others of similar design then it's good to go for me.  The difference comes in is as to how long it works that way.  I have some real old cheap tools that are still working fine.

As for this guy - he's good for small stuff - baseboards - not so much.  Nails just aren't long enough.  Still keep it though.  You'll never know when it will come in handy.

I have a cordless 19.2 brad nailer from Sears.  I use it all the time.  Still limited to length but it is good for most things.  I love not having that cord or air hose.  There are better ones out there but this was less than 100 bucks.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
You may be able to use it for light upholstery or craft style work....but I wouldn't use it for "wood crafting", per say.  The HF guns are actually a steal. The 23 g. pinner is a super bargain, IMO.  The hardwood flooring nailer has been great for me as well.  You can find refurbed older or light green Hitachi guns from BigSky super cheap as well and they are great units, IMO.

Well, I am back from the trip to help sister. As it turns out, she had not
even ordered the moulding/baseboards she wanted.  There is always 
plenty of other work to do, both wood related and other.
Had to reset/rebuild the front door for instance.

Anyway, as to the subject brad nailer, I have decided it can stay and I will
use if within it's limitations as previously noted. 

When the need arises for better tooling I will certainly be giving the HF
stuff a test drive at least.  While keeping an eye on Craigslist , etc, for
the occasional deal on better stuff.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions once again.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
You're coming up on the time of year to pick up some pneumatic fastener bargains. I think it was last year or the year before that Home Depot had their store brand kits - probably came off the same lines as Harbor Freight guns for excellent prices. I don't recall exactly but it was something like a 23 ga., 16 ga. and 1/4" crown stapler for like $69.