8" Jointer
Thanks much for the feedback I will try out the lever type never used them, thanks again.
I have never used a jointer with the levers. How much does the table move with one click or ratchet of the lever. I know in setting the outfeed table height you sometimes want to move it just thousands of an inch. Is that possible with the levers?
Another vote for the SF 1741 - had mine for 5+ years now with zero complaints!

Doug
Thanks much Doug, good to know about the SF1741. I wasn't familiar with them or the lever control.
(09-09-2016, 10:28 AM)frigator Wrote: I have never used a jointer with the levers. How much does the table move with one click or ratchet of the lever. I know in setting the outfeed table height you sometimes want to move it just thousands of an inch. Is that possible with the levers?

It can quickly go just a very small nudge, to a gap in just a second, and you have complete control over how much it actually moves. That is the best I can describe in writing. It's one of those things that is best to experience. I would suggest anyone buying a new jointer seek one out, so they can do just that though.

I'm not too sure if they still do it or not, but a call would let you know. Shop Fox used to have a deal where you call in, and tell them which tool you wanted to see. Shop Fox had owners who had said they would allow people to come look, and they would pass along your info. Prospective buyer would get a call, and go to so and so's house, and viola, you were looking at the tool of your dreams. Not too unsure Griz didn't have the same deal.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks much Steve, I'll check that out.