George III Dresser complete
Hi all, well thanks to all your help on my "Piston-fit Drawers".  As promised, here's some pictures of the completed dresser.

The primary wood is cherry with poplar as the secondary wood.  Finish is garnet shellac, SW Classic Cherry oil stain and GF Arm-R-Seal for the topcoat.

This is built for my 21yo grandson - he picked it out of the dressers at 1st Dibs website.  Here's the picture I had to work from:

[Image: George%20III%20Cherry%20Dresser_zpsrize27qz.jpg]

Here's the front view of my reproduction:

[Image: Front%20view%20-%20doors%20closed_zpssmdomfcu.jpg]

Oblique view with drawers open:

[Image: Open%20Drawer%20Oblique_zpsl2i2jeqa.jpg]

Front view with doors open:

[Image: Front%20View%20Complete_zpsn3uhokmc.jpg]
I think by clicking on the picture you can see my progress pictures.

I still have to install the magnetic door catches, but otherwise it's ready to deliver.

Thanks for looking,

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Great looking project
Hi Joel

Thanks for the pic post. I love the journey through a piece being made. Especially one with as much appeal as this one. Nice job
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

Cool Job.
Especially like the pulls on the doors.
Ag
Thanks guys, I was happy he picked a dresser that had some visual appeal.  It was definitely a fun build.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
AWESOME! Well done, Joel!
Cool
Cool
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Turned out great Joel. Reproductions of nice designs like yours are terrific ways to win friends and influence people.

Give us a sentence or two on what you did to fit the drawers and how that worked.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Seriously beautiful piece. Interesting to look at without being too busy. Nice style.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Thanks for all the praise guys.

The top row of drawers did not use slides like all the other drawers.  As we discussed in the previous thread "Piston-fit Drawers", I wanted to fit the top drawers so they didn't have any "slop".  Several good comments lead me to make them 1/16" narrower than the drawer openings - the idea of "Perfect fit" was a little scary to me.  The outside drawer openings were exactly 25" and the middle drawer was 17".  I cut the drawer box fronts & backs to size and dovetailed them (DT jig - not by hand).  I made sure the fit was perfect.  After sanding the sides, they fit beautifully.  A little Johnson's paste wax on the drawer dividers and the drawer sides was the final touch.

Appreciate all your help and glad you all liked the result.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972