Utility Sink Pump
Good afternoon folks - I would like to install a utility sink in my basement shop.  Unfortunately the drain lines are all above the basement floor which will require some form of pump to get the sink drain up to the main sewer line.  I've got several options for location, however all but one will require a pump with 9' of lift.  I'm wondering if this is within the capabilities of these pumps?

Secondly - I've looked at a couple of pumps which indicate that no traps or vents are required - this would make locating the sink a whole lot easier but I'm wondering if I truly understand what they are saying - this type of pump would allow a sink install without venting?

Finally - any thoughts on make, model, specs (like horse power) would be appreciated

Thanks for any help you can offer

Rick
Rick

I would suggest that you check with your local building inspector and see what the building code requirement is. That will give you some direction. My experience has always been that they are very helpful and in several cases have prevented me from creating a disaster.
I'd call Zoeller and talk to their techs. I had 2 Zoeller pumps in my old house (well they're still there) and I was very happy with them. One was a system for a utility sink. I do know that it required a vent. I'm not sure how you vent without one.
at work, I have a enclosed sump pump for a utility sink that sees a lot of use.  Never had any trouble with it.  I bought one for my utility sink in the basement.  I forget if I have a studor valve on it or not
This is what I have.
(09-11-2016, 05:43 AM)Herb G Wrote: This is what I have.

I have a similar product from Zoeller. Well had, we sold the house but the pump is still there and AFIK still working.
With no trap or vent, you get to smell whatever went down the sink until you've run enough water to dilute it. Local codes may prohibit a nonvented sump.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

I should have noted that this will not be a DIY project - I'm just trying to get enough information to talk intelligently with a pro.  It all may be moot - I think I found the perfect spot for the sink - it is right under the washing machine so there is hot and cold water as well as a drain line just above the sink location.  I can also see there is a separate vent thrpough the roof for the washing machine so a pro should be able to hook into it I think.  This should eliminate any potential marginality of doing this project without vents and traps.

Rick
Rick