Electrical - Underground Tee
Since I don't recall ever seeing any products the answer is probably no, but I'm pulling the cables for the generator this weekend. In the same trench I will have 14/2 for a 15A circuit for the battery charger on the generator. I'm running right by a little island I have in the driveway with plants in it. Is there a product I can use to tee off to bring the 15A circuit to the island if I ever want low-voltage lighting there or do I have to run to the cutoff box at the generator and then come back? I wouldn't have any splices underground, just a tee. I'd pull the 14-2 through the tee to the island, surface a box there then come back to the tee and continue out to the generator.
you don't say what you are running it in.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

well the 14/2 will be run in 1/2 PVC conduit. So I either tee off that as I go past the island or go onto the generator then come back with another run. I won't be splicing underground. the wiring would run through the tee to the island ina box with a blank cover plate, then back through the tee onto the generator. the splice would be made in the box. another option is 2 runs of counduit to the island. one comes from the house to the island, the other goes from the island to the generator.
I'd go with the last plan, 2 up in the island.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

There are PVC tees available. In fact, most supply stores have various shapes so you can make the turns you need and have the cover face any way you want.

They are far too small to junction UF-B, but without splices it should work.
Bring the conduit up with a 90 deg. sweep, into a box above ground, then drop from the box down to another sweep, and keep going to the generator. Size it for both max fill, and easy wire pulling, which usually means larger than the minimum for two circuits. Unless using just one circuit for both the trickle charger and LV lighting, but then you can't control it all from the house.

Or use a buried conduit box (hand hole) with lid at the surface. But it's easier just to stub them up and use a gray PVC box, buried from view in the foliage.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Better up size that conduit to 3/4" minimum.
(09-12-2016, 03:34 PM)TDKPE Wrote: Bring the conduit up with a 90 deg. sweep, into a box above ground, then drop from the box down to another sweep, and keep going to the generator.  Size it for both max fill, and easy wire pulling, which usually means larger than the minimum for two circuits.  Unless using just one circuit for both the trickle charger and LV lighting, but then you can't control it all from the house.

Or use a buried conduit box (hand hole) with lid at the surface.  But it's easier just to stub them up and use a gray PVC box, buried from view in the foliage.

This would be my plan excepting I'd do one circuit and use wireless control for the LV.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(09-12-2016, 04:43 PM)Herb G Wrote: Better up size that conduit to 3/4" minimum.

Yup. I rarely ever use 1/2". But I do like 1" as its stronger and bigger.
I may be a home inspector but I'm sure not an electrical code inspector. It's my understanding that all splices and terminations must be accessible. Is that correct?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS