Electrical - Underground Tee
That is correct. That's why I suggested a buried junction box with ground-level lid (so-called 'hand hole'). Or a box mounted above grade.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
If by saying 14-2 are you refering to cable ? Individual wires would be much better and remember this is a wet location as far as conductor type. Agree with a hand hole or sweeps up to a above ground junction box. Also suggest at least 3/4" conduit. Roly
No, individual wires. 14-gauge and 2 wires for 120V circuit. Around here, all the THHN I can get is also rated THWN.
I am not sure if it is code or not but I know the inspector passed it when done.  We ran into a christy box used the silicon wire nuts set the box just high enough that the flagstone we set on top  looked like it was set with the rest but it was just set on top so the box could be accessed.  The condiot was big enough to accommodate wire for a hot tub that was added later.  One time dig made easy work next time around
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(09-12-2016, 09:15 PM)crokett™ Wrote: No, individual wires.  14-gauge and 2 wires for 120V circuit.  Around here, all the THHN I can get is also rated THWN.

I think you mean 3 wires & 12 AWG. Nobody pulls 14 wire anymore, unless they're cheapskates. You need a hot, neutral & ground. I don't know who told you 2 wires were enough, but they don't know their elbow from their a-hole.
I don't count the ground. I consider it a given. Of course I'm going to pull a ground. So 2-wire means hot, neutral and ground, just like 14-2 actually has 3 wires in the jacket, hot, neutral and ground. Under normal circumstances the ground isn't carrying current so it's not counted. At least I don't. And yes, I mean 14 gauge. It's easier to work with and nothing else will be on this circuit. There'll be a 15A breaker in the box.
(09-13-2016, 03:56 AM)Herb G Wrote: I think you mean 3 wires & 12 AWG. Nobody pulls 14 wire anymore, unless they're cheapskates. You need a hot, neutral & ground. I don't know who told you 2 wires were enough, but they don't know their elbow from their a-hole.

12-2 is hot, neut and a ground.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(09-13-2016, 05:34 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: 12-2 is hot, neut and a ground.

Not always. B/X does not have a ground wire.
Remember, I've been an electrician for 35 years.

And pulling 14 AWG wire in conduit is a waste of time.
Especially if it's of any length.
The OP said he's pulling individual wires anyway.
(09-13-2016, 05:34 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: 12-2 is hot, neut and a ground.

12-2 NM or UF or MC is, 12-2 tray cable or S cord is one black and one white.
(09-14-2016, 07:54 AM)Herb G Wrote: Not always. B/X does not have a ground wire.
Remember, I've been an electrician for 35 years.

And pulling 14 AWG wire in conduit is a waste of time.
Especially if it's of any length.
The OP said he's pulling individual wires anyway.

Metal clad (MC) has a ground wire in the sheath. Armored cable (AC) does not have a ground wire, but the bonding wire allows the jacket to be used as an equipment ground. BX is an obsolete name.

Pulling 14 gauge wire in conduit makes perfect sense to a lot of people. You should size the circuit to the expected load rather than simply overengineer everything. In addition, it's a hell of a lot easier to pull 14/2 through conduit than it is to pull 12/2, and this is especially true for outdoor circuits (where UF-B is used).