Drywall compound problem
Im trying to patch some problem sheetrock i have. I bought USG ultra lightweight compound and as i sand, using a fine screen,, im leaving lines behind. I never had this happen before.  Could it be the compound is too soft?  This is the first time im using this type of compound.
Thanks
That stuff is pretty soft. Use a finer sandpaper. I don't like the screens personally. I start with 80g and finish with 180.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I actually tried 400 wet and dry just to see but that left  different scratches.   Should i go with regular joint compound?
If the area's not too big, clean damp sponge will remove the marks. Rinse often, don't overwork it.
You'll have scratches. The primer and paint will easily hide 180 - 120 grit scratches. Don't over think this. 400 is overkill.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Ok...ill give it a shot and see how the primer and paint work. Rhe lines are very obvious though.
(09-13-2016, 02:31 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: That stuff is pretty soft. Use a finer sandpaper. I don't like the screens personally. I start with 80g and finish with 180.

This
I don't like the stuff. I was always a green lid guy.
Uhoh

Al
I turn, therefore I am!