Simple plumbing job. Yep, three trips {Oop, spoke too soon ;)}
Tongue 
Toilet in laundry room was leaking/running.
Uhoh

Went to blue box and got replacement valve.  Trip 1.

Forgot to get flapper.  Trip 2.

Flapper didn't fit.  Trip 3

All is quiet now 
Sigh

EDIT: spoke too soon. Flapper wouldn't stay on the ears. Had to get a new "repair" piece that sticks to the drain opening so FOUR trips
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
The plumbing gods have been properly appeased.

Rest easy, pilgrim, for you are safe.
Laugh
well I got you beat, posted this in the basement, but needed a snorkel for my pool. It consists of 8" or so of 1.5" pvc pipe, and elbow and a male threaded fitting. I had the pipe and the elbow. Went to HD Sunday to get other stuff and got the threaded fitting. Got home and discovered that my pvc cement had jelled and was useless. So, I left the valve on the return closed and put the cover on anyway. Before it freezes I will finish the snorkel and put it in.
It took 2 trips today just to get shop vac bags.  They come in 2 sizes (10-14 gallon and 15-22 gallon).  I couldn't remember what I had but I thought it was 16 so I bought the large size.  Got home and saw that I had the 14 gal size (medium).  I bet the big ones will fit so I opened them - Nope.

Back to Home Depot (20 minute trip), got the right bags and found a couple more things I couldn't live without.  It ain't plumbing but it's just as frustrating!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Plumbing jobs are so bad for me the first trip is to always buy one (or 2) of everything at the the store, then the second trip is to return the stuff i didn't use.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Plumbing work is a chitty job no matter what you do with it.
Smirk
100% agree, never ever had a plumbing job go easy. Always twice as much hassle at it seems it should be, and like you always multiple shopping trips.