Finish on a wooden pine floor
My mother in law first had it painted a light blue and now 24 years later my wife painted it a med gray enamel.  What semi gloss clear can go over it to make it harder and easier to keep clean?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin,

First and foremost, I would only use a waterbased poly product. You will have to work a bit quicker to keep a wet edge but it won't stink, take days to dry, and personally I think I will look better.

There are many waterbased poly products on the market but you will most likely have to mail order some of the better ones. I used Lobadur two part WB poly and it's an extremely durable finish as it should be coming in at $100 a gallon. Bona also specializes in wood floor coatings and they have poly that you should be able to purchase at $60 a gallon or close to. You will get what you pay for with a WB floor finish. You may have Minwax WB poly local but I would suspect it's solids content is lower than the other products I mentioned. You may also consider putting a floor "sanding sealer" or general sealer down first. Making sure the floor is clean and ready for a poly top coat will be important for the best adhesion.

I would only consider two ways of applying it. Either a T-bar floor finish applicator or a "pad" applicator in the 6-9" range. It will need to be applied quickly while maintaining a wet edge and putting a relatively thick coat down at the same time. Flooring pros actually pour a line of finish on the floor and squeegee or push and pull the puddle of finish back and forth. They don't manipulate it anymore than than needed.

I have used the T-bar applicator and there is a bit of a learning curve or your puddle of finish can get away from you a bit. I would probably try a T-pad applicator if your rooms aren't ginormous. I'd also test your finish for good adhesion in corner before committing or you could have mess later on. Hopefully a flooring guy will chime in.

Minwax (Sherwin Williams) Ultimate Floor Finish -- waterborne & % solids 29.0-33.0
technical data sheet -- http://pdf.archiexpo.com/pdf/sherwin-wil...71791.html

Can't find anything searching for "Lodabur" except weird stuff that is absolutely NOT polyurethanes...

Bona has a wide range, picked the first one "Bona Traffic HD" -- waterborne & % solids 34% with use of hardener
https://www.bona.com/Global/Countries/Un...c%20HD.pdf

The Mega product line looks like it was intended for residential use and lists 32.5% solids, no hardener.

Bona looks like pretty good stuff and relatively inexpensive.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
OK guys I am confused.  If you have links to everything I need to get for my wife I would GREATLY appreciate it.

I did hear that water based poly drys clear and stays clear so I will go with that but I also need to know the proper sealer to go with it to please.

Much thanks
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

http://www.loba.de/en/products/waterborn...ra-at.html

Here's what I used.  Lobadur or Loba Supra and I added the UV inhibitor.  Rob, I think you got the "b" and "d" mixed up.  
I had to purchase this through a speciality hardwood flooring supplier, Mastercrafts.  They don't do walk in sales so you have to have an account there or know someone who does.  It's an excellent finish despite costing $100 a gallon.  I'm very happy with it.  

Arlin,

Finding the Loba near you may be difficult.  The Bona street shoe would make an excellent choice as well.  I believe Menard's or Lowe's may be able to order it to their store for pick up.

Thank you very much for the links guys