Anyone familiar with "iVAC" remote switches?
Question 
"Ivac - the world's finest automated dust control system"

Guy on another forum was asking about this system (he found it on Amazon).  He was looking at a unit that you plug a power tool into one outlet and the dust collector into the outer outlet and when tool runs the DC runs.

But there is more to the "system" --  they also offer units that use a sensor on the power cord of a tool to trigger the dust collection system and includes an "off-delay" timer.

However their literature and site are not the easiest to understand so I'm still wondering what works with what.

Anybody ever seen this before?
Confused
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I use iVac switches in my shop.  My tablesaw and band saw are hooked to radio units and the iVac controller unit is hooked to my DC.

It's very convenient, but I find them somewhat "fragile."  The unit hooked to my DC often needs to be "hard reset" by unplugging it and replugging it into the power source after a few minutes.

Do you have a more specific question?
Infinity tools has been selling them for a long time now. No first hand experience with it. 

But I have a rule I never buy any product that uses the letter i before the product as it promises much but the electrical and mechanical design is very poor.
I have been using one of the tool activated switches on my miter saw from Sears (craftsman) for years. They used to be about $10 but I believe the price has gone up. At any rate it is basically the same thing you are asking about and has served me really well. Might be worth consideration. If you want one that works off a remote look on Amazon for a remote light switch or remote outlet. I picked up one with three receivers for $12.00.
(09-15-2016, 02:57 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I have been using one of the tool activated switches on my miter saw from Sears (craftsman) for years. They used to be about $10 but I believe the price has gone up. At any rate it is basically the same thing you are asking about and has served me really well. Might be worth consideration. If you want one that works off a remote look on Amazon for a remote light switch or remote outlet. I picked up one with three receivers for $12.00.

I remember those. Good deal for them as well.  

If using a light remote one remember you need I to activate another relay as the relay for the lights won't handle much amperage...  I used one for a short time in a pinch.
I also have one from Sears. Works great!
They are pretty
Cool I have them for router table, chop saw, and a 220 that I change out between the TS, Jointer and Planer. The 110's work to 15 amps, and the 220 to 20 amps so it could be limited on 5 HP machines and such. They start the vac with start of the tool, and run about 5 seconds after the tool is stopped. It's just like the inbound units on Festool vacs, or Fein vacs. If your shop is a mess it's just because you don't have one
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I use the original Ivac switches and they are great. Can't say enough positive things about the equipment or the company that eels them. Going to add the blast gates soon. IMHO, top quality stuff from a top quality company.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.
(09-15-2016, 02:57 PM)Dave Diaman Wrote: I have been using one of the tool activated switches on my miter saw from Sears (craftsman) for years. They used to be about $10 but I believe the price has gone up. At any rate it is basically the same thing you are asking about and has served me really well. Might be worth consideration.

I can't seem to find these online.  Does anyone know if they've been discontinued?  Or know where to locate a couple?
found this link with an embedded link to the craftsman auto switch:

http://kregjig.ning.com/profiles/blogs/c...uto-switch

however, link within the above site produces an "oops, page deleted" message.  may have been discontinued.
there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.